Search Results

39 results found

Blog Posts (16)

  • Your employee is a keeper!

    Covid 19 closed Australian borders and also kept the vast global talent pool out of reach for Australian employers who benefitted from them in the pre-Covid era via a temporary visa. As an employer, you might have a few employees on a work visa, but as time goes by, you must find a pathway to keep them in Australia. How did Covid affect your employees? Before Covid 19, many sponsored migrants relied on the General Skilled Migrant (GSM) pathway to pursue and secure their permanent residency in Australia. This means that after approximately 1-3 years on a temporary visa, they would have applied for the GSM visa and granted their permanent residency. Unfortunately, Covid 19 reshuffled the Department of Home Affairs priorities and GSM has dropped to the bottom of the list. Your employee cannot rely on the GSM visa anymore and must find other options to get his permanent residency to remain in Australia. A stress-less employee is an effective employee Keep in mind that if your employee leaves, you would need to source, recruit and train new staff, which will be more challenging due to the lack of new talent coming to Australia. This will cause a significant expense for the business. You want your employee to focus on his work and not on his visa status. It has been proven that supporting your employee will increase his loyalty, engagement and will reduce retention in the business overall. How can you keep your employees in Australia? Fortunately, the Department kept a few pathways for these employees via a temporary or permanent employer nomination visa. The most suitable pathway must be tailored to your employee based on his occupation, qualifications, skills, experience and his current visa. Over the years, LifeinAus helped many companies keep their talent in house. Book your consultation with Moran Shultz, CEO of LifeinAus – Migration Service, and find out how to keep your dearest employees close to you. Contact us today

  • Distinguished Talent visa can change your life!

    How can a Distinguished Talent visa change your life? Everyone likes a story with a happy end. Especially if you are the person who helped make it happy. A few weeks ago, our client Mr B and his family members received their Australian Permanent Resident visa. While assessing Mr B's profile we discovered, he is skilled enough for a GSM visa but was also above the cutoff age of 45. At this point, we recommended Mr B to apply for a Distinguished Talent visa (858 visa) based on his occupation as a Security Specialist. It all went smooth, and we've also managed to shorten his waiting time (while holding a temporary visa) from three years to 1.5 months. Mr B was thrilled to learn he and his family can stay in Australian indefinitely having all the social and health benefits. What do you need to know about the Global Talent Independent (GTI) program? This unique program offers a priority visa pathway for highly skilled individuals and their families to live and work permanently in Australia. It's designed to gather the world's best and brightest skilled migrants to grow Australian businesses of the future. Who can apply for a Distinguished Talent visa? Candidates who are highly skilled and internationally recognised in one of the following target sectors: AgTech FinTech MedTech Cyber Security Quantum Information/Advanced Digital/Data Science and ICT Space and Advanced Manufacturing Energy and Mining Technology Additional eligibility criteria for Distinguished Talent visa Candidates should be able to earn the Fair Work High Income Threshold (currently $148,700) Or have recently graduated with a PhD or Masters qualification in the target sectors. Candidates must have a recommendation from an Australian individual or organisation with a national reputation in the same field to attest to their skills. If you think you are eligible for a Distinguished Talent visa, we are happy to support you with your application and start the process which would change your life. Contact us today

  • How to keep your talent amid Coronavirus visa changes

    The Australian Government is encouraging the 2.17 million temporary visa holders to go back to their home countries. This is aimed at skilled workers, international students, visitors and work and holidays visa holders who can't support themselves in the next six months. The main reason for the sudden change in policy is to allow the Government to focus on Australians and permanent residents. The Government already started shifting the focus to Australians in regards to employment and financial support. For example - International students have recently been allowed to work beyond the 40 hours per fortnight limit to help stocking shelves in major supermarkets. However, from May 1st they are back to 40 hours to allow Australians to be recruited into these roles. Similar to the above example, we foresee further Government policy changes to favour Australians over temporary visa holders. The only exception will be for key industries, such as health, aged and disability care, agriculture and food processing, where temporary visa holders benefit from more flexibility. What does it mean for employers? To fill the skills gap in the market, the Government frequently updates the occupation in demand lists for temporary visa holders. Learning from the above example, where the Department of Home Affairs back paddled on it's decision to extend students' working hours, we anticipate more and more professions to be removed from the occupation lists as unemployment surges to give priority to Australians and Permanent residents. Therefore, if you employ a temporary visa holder such as - International Student (500 visa), Temporary Post Graduate (485 visa), Work and Holiday (462 visa) or Working Holiday (417 visa) and would like to retain them, you should look into sponsoring them under the Temporary Skilled Shortage visa - 482 work visa. This allows you to extend their stay for 2 or 4 years depending on their profession and secure their stay in Australia. Keeping in mind the Government doesn't want to rock the boat for businesses who currently employ longer term temporary visa holders. In other words, if you employ a talented employee, don't wait for their short term visa to expire, proactively seek to transition them to a 482 work visa now. Why should you act quickly? If you transition your employees into a 482 work visa now, you have a chance to secure your employee for additional 2 or 4 years before the occupation lists changes. In a case where your employee's profession is removed from the list before the 482 visa was granted - he will not have a pathway to continue working for you legally. What if your employee is already on a 482 work visa? In this case, you should probably want to discuss a transition to a Permanent Resident visa with him. This will allow him to secure his stay in Australia without being dependent on frequent changes in policies. Another huge benefit for your employee is the access to Medicare and Centrelink which will save him a lot of money down the track. There are many avenues to transition from temporary work visa 482 into a Permanent Resident visa including General Skilled Migration, Employer Nomination Scheme (either Direct Entry stream or Transitional stream), Distinguish Talent and more. Each pathway has different requirements and success rate, this is where consultation with an experienced migration agent will go a long way. Keep in mine that entire process will take no less than a year so you better start sooner rather than later. "In other words, if you employ a talented employee, don't wait for their short term visa to expire, proactively seek to transition them to a 482 work visa now." Benefits to employers and temporary visa holders Those visa holders who have been stood down, but not laid off, will maintain their visa validity and businesses will have the opportunity to extend their visa as per standard arrangements. Businesses will also be able to reduce the visa holder working hours without the person breaching their visa condition. This is a win for both parties enabling employers to cut their expenses without impacting the employee's visa validity. Financial support for employed temporary visa holders At the moment, the Australian Government also wants to see the employed temporary visa holders keeping their jobs, so it allows them to get access to financial aids and in some cases shows flexibility in their visa conditions. For example: Students who have been in Australia longer than 12 months and suffering from financial hardship will be able to access their Australian superannuation. Visa holders who have been stood down, but not laid off will also be able to access up to $10,000 of their superannuation this financial year. Temporary graduate visa holders (Subclass 485) will also be able to access their Australian superannuation if needed. You are lucky If you work in these critical sectors: Health, aged and disability care, agriculture and food processing, and childcare - some limited flexibility will be provided for these temporary visa holders. For example: Working holiday visa holders who are working in these critical sectors will be exempt from the six-month work limitation with the one employer and eligible for a further visa to keep working in these crucial sectors if their current visa is due to expire in the next six months. International students working in aged care as nurses have had these hours extended. More to come on this topic in the following announcements. LifeinAus - Migration Services are the experts in work visas, business sponsorship and transitioning temporary employees into permanent residency. Moran Shultz, Founder of LifeinAus helped many companies retain their valuable talent in Australia in times when legislation changes rapidly and time is of an essence. "Contact us for a quick chat about your valuable talent's visa"

View All

Pages (23)

  • LifeinAus - Migration Services

    Get a Quote Get a Quote We'll be in touch soon! Australian Visa Granted Fast, Experienced, Reliable Reliable authorised Australian visa service We achieve the highest success rate for our customers 5 out of 5 on Google reviews BUSINESS VISA Business Sponsorship & Nomination SBS · Nomination · TSS 482 Visa For employers who wish to sponsor a foreign employee in nominated position. Granting a Temporary work visa for 2-4 years. ​ The process involves: Becoming an Approved sponsor Nominating a position TSS 482 visa for the employee 482 Work Visa to Permanent Resident ENS 186 Visa · TRT · Direct Entry · 858 Visa For employers who wish to transition their sponsored employee to Permanent Resident visa. ​ Different streams available based on the employee's Occupation, Tenure, Experience or Distinguished talent. Temporary Activity Visa 600 Visa · Business Visa · 400 Visa · 407 Visa · 408 Visa For business who wish to bring an overseas employee and for a short term. ​ Suitable for Training employees, Utilise highly specialised employees, Attend a conference or a roadshow, Research activity, Sport activity or for Entertainment purpose. VISA FOR INDIVIDUALS General Skilled Migration Visa​ GSM · EOI · PR · 189 Visa · 190 Visa · 491 Visa · 858 Visa For skilled experienced individual who wish to live and work in Australia independently . ​ Granting a Permanent Resident visa with full social security and medical entitlements. Skills Assessment ACS · Vetassess · EA · TRA · AACA · AITSL Skills Assessment is a preliminary stage for applying for Permanent Resident visas. We provide assistance with Skills Assessment to ACS, Vetassess, Engineers Australia, TRA, AACA, AITSL and others assessment bodies. Partner Visa, Family Member Visa 309 Visa · 300 Visa · 100 Visa · 820 Visa · 801 Visa For family members (partners, De Facto, Parents or Children) of Australian Permanent Resident , Citizen or eligible New Zealand Citizen. ​ Granting a Permanent Resident visa with full social security and Medical entitlements. Business Investor Visa 188 Visa · 888 Visa · Innovation · Entrepreneur · Investor For investors who wish to own and manage a business in Australia, conduct business or undertake entrepreneurial activity in Australia. ​ Leading to a Permanent Resident visa with full social security and medical entitlements. Get a Quote Trusted by To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key. "Moran was great at keeping things moving when we took our eye off the ball. We have had a successful outcome and are extremely grateful to Moran who was thorough, efficient, helpful and very pleasant." Meg Garrido Finance - CrowdComms "Reliable, honest and professional. Moran from LifeinAus really helped with my visa application. Highly recommended." Guy Abelsohn Co-Founder - Polly 360 "Moran helped me to get my second visa, after the first was expired and my business partner received a refusal (yep..he tried to do it on his own to reduce costs😉) The all process was professional, simple and smooth." Udi Liberman Founder & VP Product - PayK Contact Details Call LifeinAus Email LifeinAus LifeinAus business address +61 404 690 227 ​ Bondi Junction, NSW 2022 +61 404 690 227 5 out of 5 on Google reviews 5 out of 5 on Facebook reviews Start now Submit We'll be in touch soon!

  • | lifeinaus

    Contact us for visa assessment CONTACT US Tel: +614-0469-0227 | Contact form LifeinAus, Bondi Junction, NSW, 2022, Australia

  • Life in Aus - Australian Visa | About us

    ABOUT US At LifeinAus we believe that top quality migration services should be available to everyone. We aim to provide certainty in the ever-changing landscape of Australian migration. We are a customer-centric agency, super focused on delivering the best outcomes for both individuals and businesses, providing full transparency along the process. Forming a lean team of specialists, working together to provide the best outcome for our customers while offering highly competitive rates. We distinguish ourselves by taking a holistic approach to migration, covering all stages of the visa application and providing step by step guidance through the migration to Australia. MORAN SHULTZ Moran, the founder of LifeinAus, A lawyer and an Australian registered migration agent, has strong legal background which allows her to offer Innovative and practical solutions for her clients. ​ Moran established her agency on Customer obsession, Reliability and Transparency. She insists on being personally available for all her customers within 24 hours. ​ Highest success rate in the industry is achieved through true passion, constant learning and a great network across the industry. Contact Moran Recently got services from LifeinAus, I must say they are utterly professional, super fast, updated about the recent migration change in laws so that you receive proper advice. ​ In fact in my case, the migration agent went an extra mile beyond my expectations to expedite my case and visa was granted because of her expert advise and timely sending the required documents. ​ Highly recommended to anyone who value his money and time, I am sure you won’t be disappointed. Ali Bachlani, IT Engineer OUR PARTNERS

View All