top of page
  • Writer's pictureMoran Shultz

10 Things you must know about Australian Student visa

Updated: Jul 23, 2018

Australian Student visa
Australian Student visa

A great way to start or develop your career is to study in a world-recognized, reputable institute while enjoying the best country in the world. Hurry up and get your Australian Student visa today! Here is what you must know before applying.

1. Where can I study with an Australian Student visa?

An Australian Student visa will enable you to study in a CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and courses for Overseas for Overseas Students) registered course on a full-time basis in a registered institution.

2. How long can I hold an Australian Student visa?

Australian Student visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your studies, and generally up to five years but will be determined by the length and type of course.

3. Who can be included in the Student visa application?

Family members can join the Student visa application (combined application) or apply to join a Student visa provided the applicant has declared about them in the application, or they became a family member after the grant of the Student visa (newborn baby for example).

4. Course packaging

You can apply for two or more courses on your visa application if there is a clear progression from one course to the other. The final course will be your main (or principal) course of study which will determine the financial and English language evidentiary requirements.

5. Visa’s condition

The visa holder must abide by his visa conditions or the visa could be cancelled. An example for default condition 8105 on a Student visa is that you cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session.

6. Confirmation of Enrolment

If applying from outside Australia, you must include Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for each intended course of study. If applying from within Australia, you can submit your application with Letter/s of Offer, but for your visa to be granted, you must provide the CoE.

7. Genuine Temporary Entrant

You must provide a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement to show your actual intention to study temporarily in Australia. This requirement is an integrity measure to ensure you won’t maintain ongoing residency in Australia.

8. Financial evidence

For some of the Student visa streams, you are required to provide financial evidence to cover for your course fees, travel and living costs for yourself and each of your accompanying family members while you are in Australia.

9. You can apply for an Australian Student visa from in or outside Australia.

10. It is essential to submit a complete application at least six weeks before the course commencement.

We specialize in Australian Student visa and Temporary Graduate visa and can help you choose the right education path for you tailored to your requirements. Don’t stay in the dark, Contact us today.

The LifeinAus Team



bottom of page