10 things you must know about visitor visa
Updated: Jul 23, 2018
Australia has a lot to offer as one of the best destinations. Here are your top 10 Visitor visa must knows before booking your flight to Australia.
Australia has a lot to offer as one of the best destinations suitable for young travelers, families and the young in spirit. Despite being also a hub to exotic destinations in the Pacific, the number of visitors to Australia equals to a fifth of it's population. Here are your top 10 Visitor visa must knows before booking your flight to Australia.
1. No airline will let you on an airplane to Australia without a visa.
2. There are five streams under the Visitor visa - Tourist, Sponsored Family, Business Visitor, Approved Destination Status and Frequent Traveler stream – each one has different requirements.
3. Each travelling family member must apply for a Visitor visa.
4. Processing time for Visitor visa Tourist stream ranges between 19 to 39 days.
5. When submitting a Visitor visa for a minor, non-accompanying parent/s may be required to sign a consent form to permit the child to be granted an Australian visa.
6. Applicants must provide proof of adequate means to support themselves for their intended period of stay in Australia.
7. When applying for a Visitor visa from Australia, you must be in Australia at the time it will be granted. The same rule applies if you apply from offshore - you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
8. As a Visitor visa holder, you are not entitled to work.
9. You must not participate, for more than 3 months, in any studies or training.
10. 5.3 million Visitor Visas were granted in 2017.
To find out how you can get Visitor visa to Australia feel free to contact us.
The LifeinAus Team